Welcome to the latest post in our Cure Cabin Fever With Cayuga Mutual series. Our team has put our heads together to come up with activities that are keeping us busy during our time at home and helping us try things we’ve always wanted to!
While working from home and having some idle time, husband and wife cooking team Phil and Stephanie Wellings decided to bake an old family recipe…Grandma Wellings’ Peanut Butter Cookies.
To quote Phil himself, “It is quite easy and if I’m saying that it really must be!”
Ingredients and Instructions
1. Set your oven for 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. All in one bowl put the following ingredients in:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of shortening
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 2 cups of Flour
- ¼ tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
3. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Place into balls on the cookie sheet.
5. Wet a fork and gently press down on the tops of the balls to give a lined look after baking.
6. Set timer to 20 mins. (This can be adjusted for your liking)
7. Let cool and enjoy!
Thanks, Phil and Stephanie (and Grandma Wellings!) for the delicious recipe! We wish we could taste your creations, but for now, why not share a photo and tag #CayugaMutualCares so we can admire from afar?